The Kent Tamil Sangam is a non-profit organisation, established in 2017. We are a voluntary and community organisation based in Kent County. We provides a forum for cultural and social interaction with special emphasis on fine arts, literature & performing arts of Tamil speaking people from India. The organisation seeks to promote goodwill, understanding and appreciation of the culture of Tamil among all interested persons regardless of color, creed, race, religion, sex or national origin.
The sangam was started by Mr. Rajesh Steepan aiming to bring all tamil speaking Indians together who are living in and around Kent county. During innaguration, he was successful in bringing together around 40 families for a grand opening ceremony, with the numbers increasing sharply for a number of forecoming events/functions.
- Promote Tamil Culture, Language and Heritage in our living place.
- Unite the Tamil speaking community in and around Kent County region.
- Organise social and cultural events and celebrating Tamil festivals.
- Encourage the study of Tamil Language and Literature.
- Create a platform for the future generations to learn the living classical language and culture.
- Act as a directory for any social communication and contacts.